Snapr Photo Gallery
I had Snapr running on my local server for quite a while, however it being there meant I couldn't really show my photos to the world as it depends on my ADSL being stable/fast. This also put a burden on the Internet connection which I can't really afford since when I'm not coding, I'm usually playing games or hosting games, and to randomly have my upload disappear wasn't great. So about 8 months ago it got turned off, however, as my holiday is quickly making an appearance I might resurrect it's code base, but with whats going on at the moment I doubt I'll be able to get it working again in time.
Blog Take 2
I've been meaning to move away from Wordpress for a while, not for any particular reason, but other than I'd like to have coded my own; especially since the closest I've gotten to coding a blog in rails was a very simple one for part of a big website. I want it to support all the basics such as trackbacks/pingbacks so that there is no major blog downside from using it over Wordpress. This is coming together quite quickly at the moment, it isn't going to be a Wordpress clone, as I have no intention to support multiple themes/users. I think I'll release the code base when its finished, but with no intention of supporting/maintaining it beyond security issues.
I Watched That
This is a project I've had on back burners for nearly 2 years now, it's basically last.fm for the TV world. So you can mark which shows you watch, comment on episodes, and mark specific seasons/episodes as watched so that you can keep track of what your yet to view. This would also include a recommendation/suggestion engine, along with the usual social networking side of things. Initially started on a really old version of Rails, it's currently being upgraded to the latest Rails 2.3.2. Taking much longer than I initially thought as most of the code I wrote back in the day is well... not so good. So big chunks are being re-written to make them more efficient and to satisfy the part of my brain that's a perfectionist.
This was originally a XP only utility that I used to use while developing on Windows. It allows you to toggle entries in the Windows host file on and off whenever you like. After I switched to developing on Ubuntu I had no real use for this application, and since then it remained in a working state for XP. Since now I have a Vista machine I decided to give it a little go just to make sure it still works. Had to make some small tweaks to get it operational again, however it's now in a working state for how my machine is setup. (So chances are, it probably won't work on your Vista machine). I need to support UAC, which currently it doesn't. But beyond that, it's a small cheerful program that does its job. If you want it, you can find the source code on github and a download of the application can be found here.
So quite a quick round up on whats going on, will hopefully post some more around the Rails blog, since that's what I'm working on at the moment in my free time. A post on default_scope is definitely on the horizon.